Saturday, November 3, 2012

Norfolk Island cont....

WHAT'S NEW
 
 
Quilter's Dream - Request Cotton wadding is back in stock.  Grab it while its here, they ship out of Virginia in the States and it may take a while for the next shipment to get here with all the Sandy damage.
 
I should pause here and say how terrible the damage from Sandy is and its seems to be getting worse as rescue crews get into the affected areas.  As Aussies we know how bad storm damage can be.  I hope that the worse is over and people can start putting there lives and their quilts back together. 

 
Cutest new collection of 30's prints.  The panel is an instant baby quilt.  All of you who are about to be grandmothers, take note.
 
NORFOLK ISLAND QUILT RETREAT - CONTINUED
 
 
These are the four lovely local girls who are Quilt Norfolk.  In the October Retreat we had the choice of four tutors and eight classes.
 
Bookmark this website - www.quiltnorfolk.com.
 
They have up to two retreats a year.  The next is at the end of April 2013 with Gloria Loughman tutoring.  Which I think would be terrific.  The 2013 October Retreat is being planned as I write this.  Wonder who will be teaching next year? I can recommend this as a wonderful relaxing quilting holiday.
 
I did Michello Yeo's new quilt - Star of Bethlehem.


 
This is the hall Michelle's classes were held in.
 
 
My block, under construction.  I decided on a bright blue and chocolate palette for my quilt.

 
Michelle's quilt.   Michelle will be back up from Melbourne to teach at Quiltsmith mid 2013.  This could be one of the quilts she teaches.  I will post full details of Michelle's dates when they are finalised.
 
 
Michelle's classes were in the Mission Church Hall.  This is a small section of the tiled floor of the church.  Quilting was meant to happen here.
 
Then I did Amanda Daly's' Flying Stars - Japanese Folding technique. 
 
 
Here is the lunch break.  Amanda's classes were held in the Garden Centre where we were surrounded by flowers.  Really enjoyed the class.

 
Here is my bits and pieces.  I will be asking Amanda to give some Workshops at Quiltsmith next year.
 
 
The flowers were beautiful.
 

 
This is the historic Government House.  Wouldn't you love to do "tea" under the trees.
 
Here is the lone pine of Norfolk Island .  It is very scenic.  I haven't mentioned the Duty Free shopping, but it was good too. 
 
I can recommend Quilt Norfolk.

 
Melinda
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter