Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Quilts have been Aired.

Hi Everyone.
 
Sorry it has taken me so long to post the Airing of the Quilts from last Sunday, but I'm running away for a holiday next week, so I'm doing a million things at the moment.
 
I will just show you some of the quilts that were shown.  I will try and fit in more photos next week, as blogger seems to be limiting the number of photos I can have.  (Can anyone help!)
 
Please enjoy these wonderful old quilts.
 


 


 
It's that Green.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spot that Green again.  For those who were not there, this quite bright spearmint green, which you see typically in English quilts, is a mid 1800's marvel.  It often looks out of place with the other fabrics in a quilt.  It is a good dating fabric.  I searched high and low to buy a quilt with this green in it when I was last in England.  Well now I know where I can steal some.
 


 
 
Amazing
 
I will post some more next week.
 
Melinda
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter