Friday, August 3, 2012

Playing Around

Here are some photos of this week's class with Karen Cunningham. Yummy.



We have Karen's Folk Art Baskets quilt hanging in the shop at the moment.  Yet another beautiful quilt well worth a viewing.


SNEAK PEAK - SUMMER SCHOOL 2013


This is a taste of what Linda Butcher is preparing for Summer School.  (Yes I have to start planning now, so if anyone has any requests for teachers or projects can they please let me know.)

Back to Linda's quilt, it is unnamed at the moment, but it is a delightful applique quilt, with a vintage Indian theme.  Mixing applique, with big floral prints, embroidered embellishment and big stitch quilting.  I personally can't wait to see it put together, as I have seen more than just the monkey.

APPLIQUE PROJECT NO. 5
As my next Aunty Green's Quilt class approaches, the centre is coming together.  This is where I'm at today.  Can't wait to see what everyone else in the class has done, as I will be the least advanced.

 

There is a lot of bias in this quilt, so while you work on the applique you also make bias; at lot of bias!


This is just the beginning. 

I have wrapped my bias strips around a "Swim Noodle".  Those foam tubes that kids take to beginner swimming lessons.  It is fabulous for controlling bias strips.  I have four different coloured noodles, this helps to keep the biases for different projects separate.  For example in the Aunty Green Quilt there are two different bias widths, so the 3/8" bias is all wrapped on green noodles, the 1/4" on yellow noodles.  Such control, we will see how long it lasts.

So go and buy yourself a noodle, I bought mine at KMart for $3.00.  Cut them into the length you want with a bread knife.

I think could be another one of those serendipitous moments, similar to the discovery of freezer paper and its use in applique. 

Melinda
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter