Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome Back Michelle Yeo

Every year Michelle Yeo flys up from Melbourne to teach at Quiltsmith over three days.  We now have our 2012 dates and the details.  So to all who come every year and to all who have not yet experienced the Michelle Yeo touch, here are the details.
You have the choice between two quilts in each Workshop.

 CAESAR’S CROWN OR CALIFORNIA STAR

 Saturday & Sunday  9 & 10 June 2012  -  Two Day Workshop    Machine or Hand Piecing - Cost $170.00.
 

Caesar's Crown
 
California Star

CHESTER COUNTY OR SHADOW STAR

Monday 11 June 2012 (June Long Weekend Monday)  -  One Day Workshop  -  Chester County 
Machine or Hand Piecing;  Shadow Star Hand Piecing only -  Cost $85.00.


Chester County


Shadow Star

Please ring the shop on 9550 4947 if you would like to book into a Workshop.  Numbers are limited.   This is the June Long Weekend, which we thought would suit some of our customers who cannot make classes on week days.

 
WHAT'S NEW
New in this week are:-

 
KARAVAN by Valori Wells for Free Spirit.  Love the elephants!!!


BELLA BLISS by Renee Nanneman for Andover Fabrics.

Raspberry and green, need I say any more.


SUNDAY BEST by Jo Morton for Andover Fabrics.

Go Jo, a wonderful shirtings collection.

CLASS ACTION

We had Suzy Miller's Monthly Class this week, and a few hexagons appeared.

From this to.....

Wouldn't you love to own these.

To this...



APPLIQUE PROJECT NO. 3 UPDATE

Flower Garden

Over the Easter break I took advantage of the empty classroom.  I thought I had most of the blocks made.  Then I laid them out in position on the table - maybe half done. Oh well.


I mentioned that I have been scouring my stash and collecting more fabrics for this quilt, so my palette has expanded.  This quilt requires a lot of fabric.



I filled in all the missing blocks, and selected the fabrics.  Now I have my next few weeks sewing organised.


The table looked like this, much better.  I can start worrying about the sashing now.


Here are some more completed blocks.





Melinda


                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter