Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WE ARE BACK - SUMMER SCHOOL IS IN SESSION


Happy New Year to everyone.  I hope 2012 is a happy and successful year all round.

I have made an assessment of my projected "quilting" projects for 2012, and I think it is going to be the year of applique for me.  (Most of which I haven't started, but I have a tub full of fabric!)

I will share with you my "projects" for 2012 over the next few weeks.

But now lets have a look at Quiltsmith's Summer School.

We had Lynne Alchin kicking it all off with her "Summer Baskets" quilt on Saturday.



I was in the class, (just love this quilt) but I was so busy sewing I forgot to take any pictures. (Bad blogger) We were all practicing basket weaving, quite literally, I promise to take photos of the next class so you can see all the beautiful fabrics and colours.  This can be taken as my first 2012 applique project.

Then we had Margaret Sampson-George's 101 ways with Hexagons yesterday. Here are some photos.








We had a waiting list for this class, so I have asked Margaret to run it again.  I'm waiting on a date from Margaret for a Saturday class in March or April.  If you would like to be on the list please call the shop on 9550 4847.

Today is Anne Sommerlad's "Antique Nine Patch"class. 



Just at the fabric choosing stage. I will check in with the class tomorrow to see how they are going.

Coming up we still have vacancies in Sarah Fielke's "Wonky Piecing"class, on Monday 23 January.



We also have vacancies in Lisa Walton's "Candy Floss" class on Tuesday 24 January.


Please ring the shop if you would like to do either of these classes.

Here is a customer quilt to share with you.


This is Jo's first quilt.  Well done Jo!!!!

Melinda




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter