Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gwen Marston - An Event

Hi Everybody

Firstly, let me apologise for not posting sooner, but the realities of life have caught up with me.  Gwen  combined with year end stuff has had me too busy to do a post.  I also misplaced my camera for a few days, and that didn't help.

GWEN WAS AMAZING

I'd like to thank everyone involved with Gwen's tour.  I think it is very important to have major quilt artists come out to Australia.  Despite the costs and all the organisation, it is worth it.  

Inspiration comes from many places.  Even if you do not like the style of Gwen's current work, it is abstract, but it is rooted in early American quilts, particularly Amish quilts.  Gwen was very open and generous, in both her workshops and her lecture.  For the fortunate few who saw Gwen in person, I think you will agree.  If you couldn't make I am going to post a number of photos of what happened here and at the lecture.  

Be inspired, I was.


In between workshop here and at Cottage Quiltworks we had a glass of bubbly.

37 SKETCHES WORKSHOP





These are Gwen's.

The rest is the Workshop's .













The results, yes in a one day workshop.








I can't load any more photos so I will post the second workshop tomorrow.

Melinda






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter