Saturday, October 15, 2011

America Calling

Today, I'm in the middle of that wonderful last minute panic, as in a few days I'm off to the US.  I am undertaking a very quilty trip.  Starting in Omaha Nebraska, where I'm enrolled in the Advanced Quilt Restoration Workshop with Nancy Kirk.  Then onto Houston Texas, for both Festival and Market.  Then to Golden in Colorado, where I am visiting the Rocky Mountains Quilt Museum.  Then home. 

As I am not dragging a PC with me I will post  photos when I get back so you can share my trip.  I will be on the lookout for some more antique quilts to add to my collection.  This will give me something new for our next Airing of the Quilts.

Lindy will take over the blog while I'm away.


Anthony came in to show us his latest quilt.


It is a delight in double pinks, conversation prints and shirtings.

But look at where he is with his Yorkshire Coverlet.  Looking amazing.



The new release Kaffe Fassett fabrics have arrived.  There are four brand new designs.  Frilly is my pick of the new designs (it's the one on the bottom with the blue flowers).


Both Brandon Mably and Phillip Jacobs have new colourways for existing designs.


On the Reproduction front, Howard Marcus's new Comfort is in. Yum Yum.


To continue with my obsession for spots, look at these beauties.


Now for a quick catch up with some of the Civil War blocks from the staff.

Here are some of Janet's latest.


Some from Marj.


 
Some of mine.




See you when I get back.

Melinda



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter